Dog bad behaviour like human behaviour is a very complex subject but bad behaviour in a dog can make an owner’s life a misery. Solving problems with bad behaviour and aggression is our speciality at York Dog School.
Many of the problems are very common and with work with your dog and just as importantly, with you, they can be solved.
CALL OR TEXT 07990930846 FOR INFORMATION & ADVICE
YORK DOG SCHOOL STOPPING BAD BEHAVIOUR
Many owners have a mistaken belief that dogs should somehow know “naturally” how to behave well. The truth is that “behaving well” is a human concept: dogs can’t be expected to know the difference between “good” and “bad dog behaviour”. They need to be trained to behave in a way that their owners want them to behave. Simply saying "bad dog" is pointless as the dog has no idea what you mean.
At York Dog School we train your dog and you! We believe that one to one training with you and your dog at your home is the best way of training and stopping dog bad behaviour. This allows us to concentrate on your specific problems. All this means that you can follow up our training and make sure your dog does not slip back into its old ways.
We visit your home and we will go for a walk with you and your dog or puppy to ensure that you know exactly how to correct bad behaviour and to reward good behaviour. Ignoring dog bad behaviour is wrong it should always be corrected when behaving badly and only good behaviour should be rewarded.
STOPPING BAD BEHAVIOUR LARGE DOG
STOPPING BAD BEHAVIOUR SMALL DOG
YORK DOG SCHOOL STOPPING PUPPY BAD BEHAVIOUR
- Biting - we will show you how to stop "mouthing" or biting
- Pulling on the lead - We will show you how to stop it
- Jumping Up - we will show you how to stop jumping up at visitors
- Crate Training - we will show you how to crate train your puppy
- Toilet Training - we will show you the easiest way to toilet train your puppy
- Barking - we will show you how to stop it
- Jumping on the furniture - we will show you how to stop it
- Chewing - we will show you how to stop it
- Poochon, Maltipoo
- Puggle, Schnoodle,
SMALL DOG TRAINING
"DESIGNER" DOG TRAINING
SOME OF THE SMALL DOGS WE TRAIN
SOME OF THE "DESIGNER" DOGS WE TRAIN
- Doberman,Cocker Spaniel
- Golden Retriever,German Shepherd
- Border Collie,Border Terrier
- Boxer,British Bulldog
- Beagle,Siberian Husky
- Samoyed,Hungarian Vizsla
- Weimaraner,American Bulldog
- Lurcher,Sharpei, Dog de Bordeaux
- Cane Corso, Chow Chow
- English Bull Terrier, Dalmatian
- Rhodesian Ridgeback,
- Akita, Malinois,
LARGE DOG TRAINING
WORKING DOG TRAINING
SOME OF THE LARGE DOGS WE TRAIN
SOME OF THE WORKING DOGS WE TRAIN
THE DANGEROUS DOGS ACT
Many dog owners are unaware that the Dangerous Dog Act concerns their dog as most people think it only refers to banned breeds such as Pit Bull type. This is simply not true as the law covers all breeds.
Section 3 makes it a CRIMINAL OFFENCE for any dog of any breed from Chihuahua to Great Dane to be dangerously out of control in a public place and the offence is committed both whoever was in charge of the dog and also the owner even if the owner was not there at the time.